Apple Cranberry and Oatmeal Muffins are moist and delicious, and carries a beautiful sweet and tart flavour. Its a perfect tea-time snack :)You can also use blueberries, dates, chocolate chips, or nuts instead of the cranberries in this recipe. Also, try adding some spices and ginger to the muffin to make a perfect Christmas treat. 🙂
I am lately addicted to Carman’s – Cranberry, Apple and Roasted Nuts Crunchy Clusters, and I totally love its flavours. Now with few apples in hand and a packet of sweetened dried cranberries lying on the counter since long time, i had all the reasons to make these muffins using the same flavours. 😉
Here’s my little helper, and yes yes we had lots of fun together baking this muffin. He finally wanted to top his muffins with some chocolate chips. You can try finding the odd ones out. 😉
Just a month to go guys. I am sure you all are prepping up for the Xmas and New Year, get-together and parties. Deciding on the decoration, gifts and menu is always a task, and what could be nicer if we all come together and share some ideas and recipes to help each other. Hence, I want to do a “COLLECTIVE FOR CHRISTMAS”, and would like to invite you all to participate and share posts related to Xmas or Party Recipes, Vegan/Gluten-free Recipes, Cakes, DIY, Party/Menu Planning, Gift Ideas, Travel, Crafts and Activities.
Entries will close on 15th December 2016. I will link back to each post and share The Christmas Collective here and all my other social sites by 20th December. I would appreciate if all the participants can share the collective in their social sites too. No Archives, only fresh posts please. If you are interested then leave a comment under this post. Also you can start sharing your links/entries for the collectives in the comments. I am really very excited about this, as I would get to work closely with you all. I cant wait to see what you all are working on during this festive/celebration time.
Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
- 2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Oats, coarsely crushed
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Yogurt / Sour Cream
- 2 large Granny Smith or Red Delicious Apple, grated
- ½ cup Fresh or Dried Cranberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the oven rack in the center position. Fill 12-18 cup muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients – flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk well and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs. Then add the yogurt, melted butter, and grated apples. Stir until combined.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the yogurt mixture to the well and stir gently. Batter will be very thick, but once moistened gently fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Using the ice-cream scoop, divide the batter between the 18 prepared muffin cups filling them 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake the muffins for 20 – 25 minutes (rotating half way through), or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
- Muffin batters should be little lumpy, so avoid over mixing the batter or the muffins would turn out tough. It’s best to mix the batter by hand using a wooden spoon/spatula. And, use electronic beater only if the recipe calls for it.
- Your may produce more or less muffins than listed in the recipe, depending on the size of the muffin pan/cups used or how much is each cup filled.
- Muffin cups should be 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full. Additionally, it is helpful to rotate the pans halfway through baking in order to produce more evenly browned muffins.
- You can also use blueberries, dates, chocolate chips, or nuts instead of the cranberries in this recipe. Also try adding some spices to the muffin to make a perfect Christmas treat.
- You can also freeze and enjoy these muffins all week or a month-long. Just cling wrap each cooled muffin and freeze. Once completely frozen you can stack them in freezer bags or freezer-safe containers.
- Always label the containers with the date, for future reference.
Do try this quick, moist and delicious muffin recipe, and don’t forget to share your feedback and pictures with me. Your feedback and suggestions have always been precious, please leave me a email at email@example.com.
Thanks for stopping by.