Chicken Chatpata is one of the easiest and quickest chicken curry to make. The word Chatpata means Tangy in English. And I would recommend this chicken recipe to Bachelors or working people who are always short of time and out of ideas to cook during the week. This Spicy and Tangy Chicken recipe is gonna turn out to be a treasure, on days when you are short of time or have some surprise guests home for dinner. 🙂
I came across this recipe almost a decade back when i had just started learning to cook. This recipe was shared at Bombay Times by some celebrity then. And this recipe is very special to me as it is one of the first thing my hubby ever cooked for me. As well the first chicken recipe i have noted in my cook book. Looking at my notes I wanna laugh today at how badly i have written the recipes down. 😉
Thank you for visiting my Blog. And i hope you all like this recipe.
- 250 gm Chicken Breast, cleaned
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 4-5 tbsp Yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp Butter
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander leaves to Garnish
- Dice cleaned chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces.
- Marinate the chicken with ginger paste, garlic paste, yogurt, lime juice, vinegar,turmeric, coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder, sugar and salt to taste. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a Kadai, add the marinated chicken and stir over a low flame for 5 mins.
- Add tomato ketchup and 1 tbsp butter, and give a stir. Add little water now if required.
- Cover and cook for 10 minute or until well cooked. Do a taste check and adjust the seasoning as required.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and Butter. Serve along with Roti / Rice.
I hope you all would enjoy making this quick and easy Chicken Chatpata Curry. Do try them and share the pictures with me if you do.