This grilled red snapper can be made in a flash and has a great blend of spices in it. I totally love the way it looks and really enjoyed grilling this whole snapper. Its a great dish for a BBQ Party and your guests are surely gonna fall in love with this moist & flavorful fish 🙂
Red snapper is a lovely fish and since its locally available here, i love it even more for its freshness. There are so many ways of grilling your fish at home. And i love experimenting with the marinades as each one has its unique taste.
My blog will be turning one soon. And since my first post was a seafood – Fish Balls, i decided to end the year with a seafood too. Do try this recipe and leave me a feedback. I will be glad to hear from you.
- 1 Whole Red Snapper, de-scale, cleaned and washed
- 1/2 Juice of Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to season
For the Marinade:
- 5 large Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin, roasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coriander seed, roasted
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seed, roasted
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Juice of Lemon
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 6-8 Cherry Tomato
- few Onion Rings
- few Green Chili sliced
- Clean, wash and pat dry the fish. Make few deep slits on both sides of the fish.
- Season the fish with lemon, salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- In a mortar and pestle pound all the ingredients under to-marinade to a fine paste.
- Liberally apply the marinade on both sides of the fish. And let it rest for 3-4 hours or overnight before you grill it.
- Cover the tray with aluminium foil . Line the fish with green chilies on the top and throw in some cherry tomatoes as well as onion rings on the side.
- Grill the fish for 15-20 mins turning once in between. [OR]
- You can also roast the fish by pre-heating the oven to 180 °C . Line fish in a ovenproof pan and roast the fish for 30-40 or until done.
- Serve hot with rice, lemon and mint chutney.