These Mediterranean Mini Pita Bites are loaded with hummus, roasted cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, olives, jalapenos, feta, onion and capsicum. It is one of the easiest and healthy starter packed with flavours, which works great as a quick snack or party appetizers.
I was quite impressed with my friend when she had served these pita bites at her house. She had topped the mini pita breads with hummus, tomato ketchup and red bell peppers. And i had to re-create it and make one at home. 🙂
I have made a vegetarian version of pita bites today. But you can also add some grilled chicken pieces or grilled tuna if desired. You can make your own Hummus at home or use the ready ones for this recipe if short of time.
For Hummus Sauce:
- 2 cup Cooked Chickpeas or Canned Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Tahini Sauce
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 cup Water
- a dash of Paprika, garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- extra drizzle of Olive Oil on the top, garnish
For Pita Bites:
- 12 Mini Pita Breads
- 1/2 cup Hummus
- 1/2 cup Black Olives, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- 6-12 sliced Jalapenos, canned
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, roasted
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms, roasted and sliced
- 1/4 cup Onions, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Capsicum, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Lettuce, shredded
- Fresh or dried Parsley for Garnish
- Salt and Pepper for Garnish
For the Hummus:
- In a food processor combine chick peas, tahini sauce, garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil and cumin powder. Process for 2 min until smooth and creamy.
- Add little water at a time and continue blending until you get hummus of your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scrape the hummus into the serving bowl and drizzle with some olive oil and a dash of paprika on the top.
- Store the remaining hummus in an air tight container and refrigerate up to one week.
For the Mini Pita Bites:
- Preheat the oven at 180°C . Bake the pita breads for 5 mins or until lightly toasted.
- Spread about 2 tbsp of hummus on each Pita Bread.
- Top with roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, jalapenos, onions, capsicum, lettuce and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper and parsley on the top. Serve immediately. Enjoy!