Spinach Egg Bhurji is nothing but an Indian style scrambled egg cooked with spinach, cherry tomatoes and few spices. This is a very simple, easy and healthy bhurji recipe. It’s a great option for breakfast or brunch. Enjoy!
1 cup Spinach, cleaned and chopped
1 medium Onion, chopped
8-10 Cherry Tomato, cut each into half OR 1 medium chopped Tomatoes
1 tbsp Garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to Taste
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add cumin, once it splutters add chopped onions and garlic. Sautee until soft and translucent.
- Now add Spinach and cook for further 2-3 minutes. Spinach would leave some water while cooking. So let it evaporate completely before moving further.
- Add all the spices (turmeric and chili powder), cherry tomatoes and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add beaten eggs and mix. Keep stirring occasionally so that the eggs don’t stick on the bottom of the skillet.
- Remove it from the heat once the egg is cooked completely.
- Serve it hot with bread, chapathi or rice.