Homemade Ice Creams & Fresh Fruits are my best mates during Summers. As we all enter the New Year 2016, i wanted to share a dessert recipe as my first post for this year. And all i could think of was this Fresh Peach Ice Cream as they are also best in the season. This Peach Ice Cream is extremely rich, creamy and delicious. Thus i would call it as one of the Best Peach Ice Cream.
This Peach Ice cream recipe is very simple and are a amazing summer treat. The result were absolutely amazing and everyone who tried it simply loved it. Do make sure to use only ripe, sweet and juicy peaches for this recipe.
I had come across this recipe a while back at Stephie Cooks, and had added it to my To-do list. I have done few changes to this recipe as per my taste and hope you all would enjoy it as much as we did.
Wishing you all a Very Happy & Prosperous New Year 2016.
Recipe Courtesy: Stephie
For the Peach Ice Cream:
- 5-6 large Peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 1/2 cup Thick Cream
For Peach Sauce:
- 1 cup peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- For the Peach Sauce: Combine peaches and sugar in a small sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cook for 2 more mins on low, until the sugar has completely melted and the peaches are soft and mushy. Let the mixture cool. You can puree the sauce or use as it is.
- For the Ice Cream: Combine diced peaches, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and almond extracts, in a large bowl.
- Stir to combine and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the sugars have dissolved and the peaches are juicy.
- Place peach mixture in a blender and pulse it until the peaches are coarsely pureed – some small chunks of peaches are fine.
- Whip the heavy cream in a large bowl until soft peaks are formed. Now mix it with the peach mixture and combine.
- Pour the mixture into a chilled airtight container and cling wrap it. The plastic should touch the ice-cream, thus leaving no space for the ice crystals to be formed.
- After 3-4 hrs mix the ice-cream that is half set with the fork. Add the peach sauce and mix well to combine. You can repeat this step one more time. It avoids the ice crystals to be formed.
- Freeze the ice cream for 6 to 8 hrs or until the ice cream is fully set, preferably overnight.