‘Chocolate – Coconut Snowballs’ are a fabulous holiday treat, and it does not have much work than combining and shaping them. I have tried this quick and easy delicious treat a lot many times, and have improvised over the time. There are so many variations to make these snow balls – white chocolate and coconut snowballs, lime snowballs, rum snowballs, nutty snowballs, etc. Yummy!!
One of my Aussie friend had raved about how awesome these snowballs are, and that’s the first time i came across these chocolate and coconut snowballs. She had asked her mom to make some of these for me, and they were amazing. Though she didn’t have the recipe with her that time, but just gave me a rough idea about the ingredients used and how it was made.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all are doing great and gearing up for the long weekend and Xmas Celebration. Enjoy your Holidays. 🙂
- 2-3 cup Marie/Arrowroot/Digestive Biscuit, crushed
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 50 gm Butter
- 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate, break into pieces
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut + 1/2 cup for Coating
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate, melted
- Take chopped dark chocolate, condensed milk, sour cream and butter in a bowl. And place it over a pan of hot water. Stir for 5 mins or until all the ingredients have melted and smooth. Let it cool.
- Now add crushed biscuits, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and mix until combined and sticky. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for 1-2 hrs or until set.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. And using the fork, dip the balls in melted chocolate and then coat the balls in desiccated coconut.
- Carefully place these balls on a tray i.e. lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate them for further 40-60 mins or until the snowballs are firm.
- If the mixture is too sticky, then add more crushed biscuit to the mixture.
- And if the mixture is too dry add the condensed milk.
- You can skip the step of dipping the balls in melted chocolate, and directly coat the balls with desiccated coconut.
- There are so many variations to make these snow balls – white chocolate and coconut snowballs, lime snowballs, rum snowballs, nutty snowballs, flavour with mango or strawberry etc. and you can try making any of them or just recreate your own version. 🙂 Enjoy!!