With the summer approaching, i am looking for some simple, quick and delicious recipes. And, Basil Pesto Pasta is one such recipe which can be ready in a flash.
I am in love with this bold fresh flavour of this homemade Basil Cashew Pesto. It’s one of the easiest, healthiest and best pasta sauce ever. Just toss it with spaghetti or fettuccine, cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese; and your delicious meal is ready to be served. Give this recipe a try and i am sure your family/friends will love it too. 🙂
Serves – 2
- 250 gm Fettuccine
- 150 gm Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Basil Cashew Pesto, approx
- 6 Mushrooms, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Parmesan, shaved
- few Basil Leaves, to garnish
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following the packet directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup liquid.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms until golden and cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the same frying pan and cook stirring for 3 mins or until the tomatoes soften a bit.
- Add fettuccine, mushrooms, pesto and cooked liquid. Toss to combine. Adjust the seasoning now.
- Divide among the serving plates. Garnish with few basil leaves and shaved parmesan.