Easy Basil Cashew Pesto only requires a few fresh ingredients. There’s nothing that can beat the power packed flavors of this fresh pesto, when it’s tossed with cooked pasta and some good quality Parmesan cheese. Delicious!! You can enjoy this on sandwiches, pasta, sauteed chicken, in soups or as dips.
This ain’t the classic recipe for Pesto, as i have used cashews here instead of the pine nuts. You can also substitute it with walnuts, but i find the creamy rich flavor of cashews a perfect match. I hope you guys would enjoy it as much as we do. Enjoy!!
- 1 1/2 cup Basil
- 1/4 cup Cashew, roasted
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, fresh and grated
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 Garlic cloves
- a pinch of Red Chilli Flakes
- Salt to taste
- Add cashew, garlic, parmesan cheese, red chilli flakes to a food processor.
- Pulse couple of times until the ingredients have coarsely grounded.
- Now add basil leaves and salt, and while the processor is running slowly add olive oil. Blend until you get the desired consistency.
- Process thoroughly if you prefer a creamy and smooth pesto. And if you like some texture in it, then pulse just couple of times while adding oil.
- Taste and adjust the salt.
- This easy fresh Basil Cashew Pesto will last a week in the refrigerator, or you can freeze them in ice-cube trays and store later in zip lock bags for 3-4 months. But i would prefer to make a fresh batch. Cheers.