Pomfret Fish Fry is one of the favorite in our family. To make this simple Pomfret rawa fry, you need to first marinade the fish in the green masala paste. The fish is then coated with semolina and shallow fried. You can also use other fish like Kaane (Silver Whiting), Surmai (King Fish), Basa or just try your hands on some other fish that’s available to you and let me know how it goes. 🙂 This is another amazing recipe from my mother in law. She makes some amazing seafood preparations, missing home now. Hope you guys enjoy them.
We are celebrating Diwali – the festival of lights, this week. Diwali is the brightest Indian Festival and marks the victory of light over dark. I wish you all a very Happy Diwali & a Prosperous New Year. May our lives be filled with peace, love, good health and prosperity in the coming year.
Thanks for stopping by.
- 1 medium size Pomfret or 2 palm size Pomfret
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 7-8 Green Chilli
- 2 inch Ginger
- 6-8 big Garlic Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Lemon Juice
- small lemon sized Tamarind
- 1 cup Rawa (Semolina)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Once you have washed and cleaned the Pomfret, slice them into few thick pieces.
- Now rub little salt and turmeric on the fish and keep it aside.
- In a processor, grind coriander, mint, chili, ginger, garlic, tamarind and lemon juice into a thick paste without adding much water. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Apply this marinade to the fish pieces and let it rest for an hour.
- Nicely coat the fish in semolina/rawa and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. When the oil is hot enough shallow fry the fish for 10 mins on medium flame until golden brown. Keep turning the sides couple of times to ensure they are evenly cooked.
- Remove the fish on an absorbent paper to drain off excess oil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon slices, and Serve hot.