Avocado Smoothie is a creamy, nutritious and delicious drink. The avocado fruit is not sweet, but distinctly and subtly flavored, with smooth texture. It is used in both savory and sweet dishes. It is one of the most favorite drink that my family enjoys. Avocado is rich in Monounsaturated fats, Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Potassium.
While writing this post the thing that came to my mind is what’s the difference between Smoothies and Milkshakes. And here is the little i could pen down after some research.;)
Smoothie is a cold drink made by blending some fresh or frozen fruits and/or vegetables with some ice cubes. They can also contain milk, yogurt or ice cream. A smoothie is mostly served chilled, whereas milkshake can be just cold.
Milkshake is a drink made by using milk and ice cream as the main ingredient. Milkshakes are always sweet and are made by adding additional flavors – like concentrated fruit syrups or chocolate syrups. Milkshakes have higher fat content than smoothies because of the presence of milk/cream.
The first time i came across avocado was in Bangalore at a fresh juice shop, i.e. a long time back. 😉 They had a juice called butter fruit in their menu, and i just got curious with the name. I would say it tasted amazing. Just like a delicious vanilla milkshake with a beautiful pistachio colour. 🙂
I am a fussy fruits eater and always prefer fresh juices, smoothies or milkshakes over them. And these are going to my best friends during the coming 9 festive days. 😉
Thanks for stopping by guys. I wish you all a Happy Duseera.
- 1 Avocado
- 3 cup Milk / Almond Milk
- 4-6 tbsp Sugar, Maple Syrup or Honey
- 4-6 Ice Cubes
- Slice the avocado and scoop the flesh and add it to the blender.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients. Ice cubes are optional.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth. Pour in tall glasses and serve immediately.
- Smoothies loose their consistency and fresh colour within half an hour. So always try to make them just before you want to serve them.
- The flesh of avocado is prone to quickly turn brown when exposed to air. So to prevent this, lime or lemon juice can be added to the avocado after being peeled.