I love soup and do make them very often during winters. Lately, I have a too much of liking for Cajun Spiced Chicken. You might have known by now that I very often keep changing my meal plans at the last-minute, making it very challenging at times. haha 😉 So the meal plan was to make Cajun spiced grilled Chicken along with Pasta in Alfredo Sauce. And considering the weather, I ended up with a Soup – a ‘Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Soup’.
Okay, if you notice the pics, i have used the pasta alphabets to note the name of the soup. And the word Pasta is missing in there. Well, it was not done intentionally, but because my little boy just grabbed and ate some of the letters. And i couldn’t do much but just skip the word ‘pasta’ for the click.. haha 😉 Btw, my lil boy had a good time searching for alphabets. Well he doesn’t recognize them right but does a lot of act & play. Yeah it was a messy job but he enjoyed it. And, i finally enjoyed my soup peacefully after he was all done. 😉
It’s definitely a rich, cozy and comforting bowl of soup. Enjoy!! Thanks for Visiting.
For the Cajun Chicken:
- 200 gm Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Cajun Spice
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
For the Pasta Soup:
- 3/4 cup Pasta (Macaroni or Alphabet Pasta)
- 3 tsp Cajun spice powder
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 Capsicum (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 3 cup Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas (thawed)
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli (fine)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (preferably fresh)
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil (cut into thin strips)
- Salt to Taste
- Marinade the chicken for an hour with all the spices mentioned above. And, grill or shallow fry on a pan until its well cooked. Once it is cool enough cut the chicken into small cubes or thin strips.
- Cook pasta in a generously salted water. Rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large sauce pan and add mushrooms, garlic, chilli and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent over medium heat.
- Add the capsicum, carrot and cook for a minute. Add flour as well as the Cajun spice and cook stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now dissolve cornstarch in heavy cream. And, add both the heavy cream as well as the chicken stock to the soup. Bring the soup to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring frequently until thickened to desired consistency (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Add the chopped chicken to the sauce pan along with peas, tomatoes, and cooked pasta, bring to a boil. Simmer for further 4 minutes and then stir in cheese until melted.
- Do a taste test now and adjust the seasoning. Finally add the lemon juice and half of the basil.
- Serve into the individual bowls immediately and garnish with some cheese, chilli and basil.