You can treat yourself these lovely french toast roll-ups as a quick snack or a dessert. These little Roll Ups can be filled with any sort of fruit toppings and spreads/jam of your choice. I have tried making these with Nutella as well as the Cream Cheese. And, find Nutella to be the sure winner. 🙂
I was so amazed how quick and easy these little roll-ups are to make. My hubby just loves the combination of nutella and strawberries. And, these ‘Strawberry & Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups’ are a delicious, satisfying and super quick recipe to make.
Hope you Enjoy!
- 6 Slices White Bread, crusts removed
- 8-9 Strawberries, diced small
- 6 tbsp Nutella
- ¼ cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine egg, milk and salt in a flat bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Roll the bread flat by using a rolling-pin.
- Spread each piece of bread with 1 tbsp of Nutella.
- Sprinkle strawberries pieces along the bottom of each bread.
- Roll up the bread nicely and don’t worry the Nutella will keep it sealed.
- Now melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Roll each bread roll-ups in the Egg Mixture, remove any excess and place in the pan. Repeat with the remaining.
- Cook for around 3-4 minutes by rotating every minute until each side is golden.
- Remove from the pan and immediately place in the sugar. Toss each of them in sugar to coat properly.
- Serve immediately, while warm.
- These are best eaten fresh. They tend to go soggy after a while if left out.
- Do not use regular sugar or icing sugar at the end to toss the roll ups. It would either not stick or just disappear.