Pomfret is one of my favorite in seafood. And, if you are a fish lover, then this is the dish you should definitely give a try. Traditionally, any variety of Tandoori is made in a tandoor oven or clay oven. But since i don’t have a traditional tandoor, i have just grilled my pomfret.
600 gm 1 big Pomfret
2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
2 tsp Coriander-Cumin Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1 tsp Mustard Oil
1 tbsp Kasuri Methi / Dry Fenugreek Leaves
1/2 tsp Carom Seeds
2-3 tbsp Greek Yogurt or Hung Yogurt
2-3 tbsp Cream
1 tbsp Gram Flour (Besan), roasted
- Clean the fish and make few deep incisions on both sides of the fish.
- Combine ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tbsp chili powder, turmeric, lemon juice and salt, in a bowl. Add the fish and rub in the marinade on both sides, making sure the fish is completely marinated.
- Let it rest for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, take the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
- Rub the fish with the marinade to coat properly. Also try to fill some marination inside the fish.
- Cover and set aside the marinated fish in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cook the fish for 6-8 mins each side, on the griller, basting with some oil in between.
- Serve hot with some onion rings, lemon wedges and a mint chutney.