However big or small, Awards are always a thing of Joy. I believe it’s a recognition for your hard work and passion you share.
I have been nominated for this Award by, Priyanka @ https://healthbeautyfashionandcooking.wordpress.com/ , Stephy @ http://stephysweetbakes.com/ and Jaya @ https://flavorattack.wordpress.com/. I would like to thank these talented, beautiful ladies for this award. They have an amazing blog, and they do inspire and encourage me every time with their beautiful posts. Please do check them out everyone.
I would also like to apologize for coming up so late with this post, as the flu was busy keeping me down during the past few weeks. 😦
Here are the Award Rules:
1. Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
2. Include the Liebster award sticker in the post too.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers who you think are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
4. Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
5. Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
My 10 questions from Priyanka:
1. Describe yourself?
Short, Shy & Smiling.
2. The person you admire the most?
It’s my Father in law. I am very proud of his achievements. And feel lucky to have such a kind and good man as my pops in law.
3. Your ideal vacation spot?
Goa!! Good Food, Beaches and nothing’s better than a good company. 🙂
4. Oops! I made a mistake when?
I didn’t pay equal attention to my career.
5. Who’s the frequent caller on you call log?
Haha. . My Hubby. 😉
6. What’s your favorite dessert & candy?
Kulfi and Eclairs respectively.
7. Story behind the blog name?
There’s no real story but some compromise. 😛 My initial choice was ‘My Kitchen Stories’, but since the domain was not available. I wanted to use the word ‘yum’ or ‘yummy’ in my blog name. Now, that’s coz i use the word yummy quite a lot to describe – the food was delicious. And, here it goes, i finally found – ”My Pinch Of Yum” staring back at me. ha ha. 😉
8. Your favorite book/ comic?
Dilbert, Peanuts, Tintn.
9. Superpower you wish you had?
To make everyone happy & nice to each other at all times. Forever.
10. Who would be your dream date?
As a teen it would have been, Tom Cruise.
My 10 questions from Stephy:
1. Do you have any unfulfilled dreams you are awaiting to come true and if so plz do share?
I have been moving cities every 2-3 years, ever since I am married. And, now I would love to settle down in one place (no matter where it is – until Mr K is with me) & build a beautiful home of our own.
2. Lavish lifestyle or simple and meek?
I have lived both a lavish and simple life. And, would like to go with simple and meek, as that’s who I am.
3. Which do you prefer with some free time, Walk or Sleep/nap?
Sleep.. Ahh.. I have got a lot to catch up on that, with a toddler around..
4. Paperback or Digital format novels? Which one you like best?
5. What do you enjoy about your blog?
Food, Food and Food!!! It’s a part of me.
6. Honesty or Loyalty? Which do you think is more admirable?
Both. But if I have to choose one then it’s Loyalty.
7. Most memorable moment so far in your life?
Being a Mom, and holding my son in my arms for the very first time.
8. With age comes…….respect OR wisdom?
Wisdom. I believe, people would respect you for your wisdom.
9. What’s the one thing about yourself that you would say you love most?
10. If you had been given $3,000 by someone to do what you will with it, and you were financially stable but not rich (doing pretty good so to speak, but COULD do better, just not in harm’s way financially), would you choose to give to a more needy person, OR keep it and buy some things you have BEEN longing to get?
Definitely give it to the needy. It is one of the thing that my dad and father in law have taught me, who have always went out of their way to help someone in need.
My 10 questions from Jaya:
1. The most beautiful day in your life?
The day my son ‘Kian’ was born.
2. What’s your favorite song? Why?
Nothing in particular, anything soft and soothing.
3. Whats your favorite movie?Why?
Shawshank Redemption. For it’s plot and acting.
4. Whats your favorite food?
Chicken Tandoori , Love Kebabs – Tandoor stuff. 🙂
5. What would you like to be in your next birth?
I don’t really believe in rebirth. But this reminds me of my MIL, who wish to be reborn as a man so that she can enjoy the perks of being a man. And I always reply, I would rather be born as a girl and try to teach the world to respect women and treat them equally. And I would do so by teaching my son 1st.
6. What’s your favorite month and why?
July. That’s the month kian was born. I have so much preps to do for him.
7. What’s your favorite color?
8. What’s your favorite Ice-cream flavor?
I love ice-creams and choosing one flavor is the hardest part. I will go with kulfi, saffron-pistachios, chocolate, caramel.
9. Do you get angry? Why?
I have a lot of patience. And if something has made me angry then the reason should be big or repetitive.
10. Your favorite holiday spot?
Yet to explore the world. But my favorite so far is Goa.
With the 3 sets of nomination questions answered, I think I should nominate at least 30 more blogs who deserve this award. Yes Yes yes… I would love to know more about these 30 nominees. Congratulations!! Everyone..
And My 30 nominees are:
- Food for the soul
- Simply Vegetarian 777
- Cooking with pree
- Srilankan cuisine
- Our family food adventures
- Once upon a spice
- The sugar tin
- Snap shots in cursive
- The miss shweta
- The brook cook
- Love served daily
- Fabulous fare sisters
- Traditionally modern food
- La petite paniere
- Tasty Eats
- Cooking without limits
- Little parcels of joy
- Aromatic essence
- Marisas italian kitchen
- The bhukkad bawarchi
- Divine spice box
- Cooking with shy
- Simple living over 50
- Nataschas palace
- The lemon press
- Alyssas breakfast cafe
- Food fellowship and wine
- Spices n flavors
- Kitchen Impossible
And my 10 questions are:
- What do you value most in your life?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Do you speak any other language apart from English?
- What do you like the most – vegetables, chicken, pork, beef, lamb or seafood?
- Which is your favorite spice?
- Best moment in your life?
- Is there any food ingredient or dish that you will never eat?
- Which is your favorite cuisine in the world and why?
- What is your signature dish?
- Where would you live if you could live anywhere you wanted on the Earth?
After answering the 3 sets of questions, I am waiting eagerly for your answers..