1 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice / White Rice / Basmati Rice
1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 3/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Grated Coconut (optional)
4 + 1 tbsp Basil Leaf (chopped)
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp Salt
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, take some oil and add the rice. Stir quickly so that the rice doesn’t stick to the base.
- Add grated coconut and salt. Saute for a minute.
- Pour in the 1 1/4 cup (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish) coconut milk and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the chopped basil leaves and give a stir.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the rice has fully cooked.
- Now off the gas and let it sit for 10 mins without lifting the lid.
- Just before serving, add reserved 1/4 cup coconut milk and some chopped basil.
- I have also cooked this coconut and basil rice in my rice cooker. It’s way more simpler. You just have to add all the ingredients in the rice cooker and stir well so everything is combined and on the rice cooker. DONE.. Garnish with lil coconut milk and basil before serving.
- I had used slightly less coconut milk and felt i could have used lil more to enhance its flavour. Thus, i have mentioned the quantity accordingly.
- You can serve this rice along with any Thai or Indian Curry. Enjoy.
Thanks for visiting.