One of the signature Thai dishes that almost everyone loves is Thai Green Curry – ‘Gaeng Keow Wan’.
Sorry guys, I had intended to post the Thai curry paste & Thai green curry recipes almost 10 days back. But, since my little boy had been unwell, I was just so worried, occupied and helpless the last few days.
Now, that Kian is finally recovering, I am in my mental state to get back to my routine. And, here I am. So today without raving about how much I love Thai food or wasting any further time, let me just share the recipe with you all. 🙂
500 gm Chicken Breast (sliced) or 4 Thai Eggplant
2-3 tbsp Green Curry Paste
1 can Coconut Milk / Coconut Cream
1/2 Green Bell Peppers (cut into cubes)
1 Carrot (cut into cubes)
4-6 Baby corn
1 Thai Red Chilli seeded and sliced
2 tbsp Palm Sugar
1 tsp Fish Sauce (optional)
2 Kaffir lime leaves
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
handful of Basil
- Warm a wok or a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add oil and then add the green curry paste.
- Saute for a minute, until it releases its fragrances.
- Now add the chicken pieces, red chili and salt to taste. Sautee for a minute.
- Then add the 3/4th of the coconut milk. When the curry comes to a boil, reduce the flame. Cover and simmer for 4-5 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add all the veggies,remaining coconut milk, kaffir lime, palm sugar, fish sauce, half of the basil and simmer for further 2-3 mins. Do not over cook the vegetables, they need to be still firm and colourful.
- Do a taste check now and adjust the seasoning as required.
- Garnish with red chilli and Thai basil.
- Serve hot with some rice. I had served it with some coconut and basil rice. 🙂