Plums are so Delicious!, says my hubby. Yeah, I am not much of a fruit lover and very choosy about them. But, when it comes to plums, I always wanted to use that fruit as a core ingredient in my meat or dessert in someway. And, today I finally decided on trying my hands on this gorgeously looking fruit, which I never had before today :). While I prefer my plum sauce smooth, others would like it to be chunkier (in that case you would just want to mash it up with your fork, while it simmers in the stove).
Amazingly Delicious Spiced Plum Sauce
1 tsp Garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp Ginger (minced)
1/4 tsp Cumin powder
a pinch Star Anise powder (optional)
2 tbsp Onion (fine)
3 – 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Sriracha Chilli Sauce
1 tbsp Brown Sugar/Honey
1/4 cup Water
- Slice plums into half and discard the pits. Now, cut into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, take plums, garlic, ginger, onion, cumin and cook on medium until plums are mildly browned and soft.
- Now add soy sauce, sriracha and brown sugar. Cook for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Puree the mixture in a blender and slowly add little water to thin if desired.
- Store in your refrigerator for 2 weeks or in your freezer for 4-6 months.
- You can use this plum sauce as a dipping sauce, for glazing your meat, for stir fries or in desserts.
- Feel free to play with the ingredients to suit your taste.