600 gm Boneless Chicken (cut into medium size cubes)
6-8 Bamboo Skewers (soaked in water for 30 mins)
2 tbsp Oil / Butter (melted)
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt / Hung Yogurt
1 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
1 tbsp Mustard Oil
1/2 tbsp Kasuri Methi / Dried Fenugreek
1/2 tbsp Cumin (toasted and powdered)
1/2 tbsp Tandoori Masala Powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/8 tsp Red Food Colour (optional)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
- Clean and cut chicken into medium size pieces.
- Take the chicken in a bowl and add ingredients in Marinade 1. Mix well and let it rest for an hour.
- In another bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned under Marinade 2.
- Transfer the chicken into Marinade 2 bowl and stir until chicken is well coated. Cover the bowl with a clingfilm and refrigerate for minimum 3-4 hrs. (Preferably, overnight)
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the grill to high. Then, thread the chicken pieces into the skewers without packing them too tight. If there’s any flat chicken pieces then fold them over before threading.
- Now drizzle little oil or melted butter over the chicken pieces and place the dish in the griller.
- Grill the chicken for 10 to 15 mins, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and lightly charred.
- Serve along with some mint-yogurt chutney and few onion rings and lime wedges.