On Wednesday night, I was thinking of making some chicken balls for dinner. But, I had to change my plans, as hubby dear requested for some homemade grilled chicken burgers, instead. So, with the last-minute change of plans and quite a few missing ingredients. I managed to have some decent burgers on our plate. But, my search for the perfect burger is still on and you might get to come across another recipe for the burger some day. When it comes to burgers, everyone has their own preferences; my hubby wants me to make one just like the Burgers sold at Hungry Jacks.. ha ha.. 🙂
Me being a newbie here, I am really struggling with food photography. I have always loved photography and I was called the “personal photographer” of our family 😉 But, food photography is so different. The styling of the plate, the colours used, and most importantly, the camera – all of which plays an important role here. I am talking about photography today because I had a quite a hard time clicking the pics of my burgers last night. I was pretty disappointed, finally.
The next day, I had some leftovers and so i decided to do the plating again and try my luck with the pics. And, yes my 1st lesson in photography has been learnt. What i cook, how i present – none of these matters if i don’t have the right lighting. There is such a difference in the pics clicked at night and the one clicked during the day. With natural lighting of the day, my tomatoes did look red and the cucumbers did look green, Ahhh, finally!! I know it’s still not a perfect looking pic. Although, much better than what I had clicked last night.
Cheers!! for the new lesson learned today. Hope you guys like these grilled chicken burgers, just the way my boys did. Have a great weekend 🙂
GRILLED CHICKEN BURGERS
500 gm chicken mince
1 tsp garlic powder/crushed
1 tsp pepper powder
1/2 lemon juice
1 potato (boiled & mashed)
2 slice bread (soaked in water & squeezed)
1 tbsp fresh Coriander chopped
2 tbsp mustard sauce
6 hamburger rolls
2 tbsp Butter
6 slices cheese (optional)
1/4 cup pickled cucumber
1 cup lettuce
2 tomato sliced thick
1 onion cut into rings & caramelized
4 tbsp chilli sauce to taste
4 tbsp mayo to taste
- Let’s start with the patties. Combine mince, pepper powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, mustard sauce, mashed potato, bread, coriander, salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Rub some oil in your palms, and make around 6 large patties out of the mixture and refrigerate for 15 to 20 mins.
- Now, grill or pan fry the patties for 5-6 mins each side, until its cooked. Do not over cook the patties as you don’t want the meat to lose all its moisture.
- While the patties are cooking, cut the buns in half, spread some butter and toast the cut side of the bun.
- Turn over, add a slice of cheese and return to grill until the cheese melts.
- Now lets plate the burger. Add patties to the bun and include tomato, caramelized onions, pickled cucumber and lettuce. Drizzle some chilli sauce & mayo. Serve with some chips and thick shake. That’s how i like to have my burgers.. 🙂
- I have used store-bought buns and fries in this recipe/pics.
- As the pics I have shared here were clicked the next day. You might find few missing ingredients in the pics.
- How to make caramelize onions: Just drizzle some oil in a large flat pan. Add onions and a pinch of salt and grill/brown on both sides for 10 mins. Caramelizing of onions means browning your onions.
- How to make pickled cucumber: Just take around 6-8 mini Lebanese cucumbers(thinly sliced). In a saucepan add 1/4th cup vinegar, 1/2 cup boiled hot water, 2 tbsp salt, 2 slit green chillies and cucumbers. Give it a boil and simmer for 2-3 mins. Turn of the heat and let it cool down completely. Now transfer the content into a dry jar and seal. Use after 3-4 days and keep refrigerated. This is the 1st time i have them. should be alright for 2 weeks when refrigerated.
- Lastly, i am sharing one of the pic from last night.